What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need chooseing the right screen protector and case for ipad3. please help.

Adrian23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need help chooseing the right screen protector and case for ipad3. please help.

Hello everyone just wanted to ask for some help in regards to good screen protectors and cases for the ipad3. Something not to expensive.

If possible post a few options for both.

thanks!

Last edited:

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a fanatic about my screen. I've had screen protectors on old and new iPad.

Ultimately I removed them all.

I just use nice'n clean towelettes from Walmart and the screen remains pristine,

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What are you looking for in a case? There are so many.....I suggest you go read a bit at ilounge.com. They have many reviews on various style cases, so you can get an idea of what you might prefer. Cases seem to be a very personal thing. I've been testing many in a hunt for the perfect case. For me, it does not yet exist, though some get much closer than others.

ckmerc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have had good luck with these..

Case iPad Case | iPad 2 Cases | Leather iPad Cases
> Excellent protection if you drop it...sleek and can place pad at any angle.
> on my 2nd one for my new tablet....highly recommend

Cover: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Screen Protector Shield for The New iPad 3rd Gen / iPad 2 with Lifetime Replacements
> awsome cover...does not distort image at all...free replacements and NO Bubbles

jeffturn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an IPAD2 and my wife has the IPAD3. I bought a custom case from a company called PORTENZO. You choose the front cover, back cover whether you want a magnetic strip built into the cover ( works great to put IPAD in standby mode ), an elastic band to hold the cover closed, a camera hole for the back camera and if you want custom monogramming. They are a little expensive but are built really well and provide good protection ( I've dropped my IPAD twice with no damage )

iank131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use a screen protector simply because it cuts out some of the clarity, which is the whole reason for a having a rentina display. I don't have one on my iPhone either for the same reason and i have not any scratch for the past 12 months. Finally, the screen on both iPad and iPhone are supposed to be super strong so scratching is u likely unless you let your pet cat read on them.

iPhoNettie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a matte screen protector and it just distorted the display enough for me to want to remove it. I then tried the Zagg HD screen protector. It's actually pretty good. It doesn't mess with the retina display.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

DPtheKid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I say get the invisishiled HD dosn't take away from quality of screen and I'd rather be safe than sorry. :)

Bricks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first iPad (3rd Gen) and I've been using for about a month now without a screen protector. I did try one, but it just wasn't for me. The glass is amazing and I've no issues with scratches. I ordered some microfiber cloths online and just clean the screen everynight before I put it on charge. As far as a case I picked up this one:

Deviceware Ridge Slim iPad Case

It's a great slim case with thin hard plastic shell that the iPad sits in. It's got multiple viewing positions as well as a typing position. Here's a video review I found on youtube:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is my first iPad (3rd Gen) and I've been using for about a month now without a screen protector. I did try one, but it just wasn't for me. The glass is amazing and I've no issues with scratches. I ordered some microfiber cloths online and just clean the screen everynight before I put it on charge. As far as a case I picked up this one:

Deviceware Ridge Slim iPad Case

It's a great slim case with thin hard plastic shell that the iPad sits in. It's got multiple viewing positions as well as a typing position. Here's a video review I found on youtube:

Good find! I ordered this off of Amazon and I plan to use this case along with the CruxFlip just depending on my mood!

Most reactions