What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen problems with ipad 2

steevo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have just picked up a new 64gig wifi iPad 2 which was swapped out by apple as my original unit was damaged.
My problem is that I seem to have a faulty screen. Sometimes the screen sometimes has dead spots, keyboard keys are un responsive, swipe to switch on sometimes does not work equally so times the swipe to power down does not work. The problems are mostly in landscape mode and sometimes I can sort it out by reorientation of the screen. Sometimes when using the keyboard I will press a key once and it will register multiple times.
Are these known problems?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, these are not known problems. Sounds like, unfortunately, you have another faulty unit. I'm sure they'll swap it out again for you.

You could always plug it into iTunes and press "restore" just to make extra sure it is not a problem with the OS, but I've never heard of IOS acting like this.

OP
S

steevo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I suspect it is a faulty screen. I will persevere with it a little longer and do a couple of restores and see if it sorts itself out. I have read on some other forums people experiencing similar problems

Most reactions