What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad touchpad problem

himanshupant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Seem to have a weird problem with my iPad. Sometimes the touch pad becomes unresponsive on few keys like a,s,z,x,backspace. I am also not able to close the open applications. When I change the orientation to landscape mode, it works fine. I have tried soft reset, rebooting.

Looks like my iOS 5.1.1 might be corrupt ( not sure) . Unfortunately my 64gig iPad is quite full and synced to my mac. Is there a way to take backup on windows based system ( where I have Available space on my HDD) , restore the factory OS and restore back the ipad data. Will that take care of all my downloaded content like Khan Academy lectures, magazines and books on iBooks ? Will there be any future problem if I then sync my iPad from mac after this full restore ?

Any solution to the original problem will be much more preferable

Sent from my iPad using iPF

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In my opinion, I would take the iPad to an Apple store if there is one close. This sounds like it could be a hardware issue beginning to show up. When you have your device connected to iTunes, go to the device listed, right click (if on PC) and the drop menu should give you the option to restore from backup.

Most reactions

Latest posts