What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 touch problem

xaidi145

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I know this problem doesn't seems to be new but let me explain in detail and btw sorry for my English

I have iPad 2 and my problem is related to screen touch response

Problem is that screen touch becomes unresponsive sometimes, when it does i lock it and then unlock it and it starts working again

Please let me make this clearer hat I have googled every possible solution but it isn't working

The difficult part is that it happens for a few seconds and there is only two solutions which make it works

First is that as I have mentioned locking and unlocking

Second is to leave for some seconds and it starts working again

Things which I have tried...

Wipe screen cleaned it
Resetting it
Holding down power button and home button for 10'seconds
Did almost everything

Now any new solution for this

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys I know this problem doesn't seems to be new but let me explain in detail and btw sorry for my English

I have iPad 2 and my problem is related to screen touch response

Problem is that screen touch becomes unresponsive sometimes, when it does i lock it and then unlock it and it starts working again

Please let me make this clearer hat I have googled every possible solution but it isn't working

The difficult part is that it happens for a few seconds and there is only two solutions which make it works

First is that as I have mentioned locking and unlocking

Second is to leave for some seconds and it starts working again

Things which I have tried...

Wipe screen cleaned it
Resetting it
Holding down power button and home button for 10'seconds
Did almost everything

Now any new solution for this

There is the possibility that your problem is the result of a defective digitizer. If possible, make a Genius appointment at an Apple store, where they can check to see if it really is a hardware problem or not. Is your iPad still under warranty? In any case, if you do take your iPad in, back it up in iTunes first. That way, if your iPad is exchanged or you pay the repair cost, you can set up the replacement iPad from your back up.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have a screen protector or shield on your iPad? Those can cause issues if they are mounted incorrectly and don't allow good contact with the screen.

OP
X

xaidi145

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I have even tried without it but still the same

In my opinion I think there is some software running at the back which is causing this

Most reactions