What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen glare

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will a screen protector reduce sun glare outdoors as I want to use mine as a communication aid?

I played scrabble in garden yesterday, I managed but had to have brightness on full so batteries went down faster and also after a while it stopped cos it said it was getting too hot and switched off, which wouldn't be good in middle of a sentence if I was using it to talk to someone.

Any idea's how I can get around these issues?

Thanks

Kati

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will a screen protector reduce sun glare outdoors as I want to use mine as a communication aid?

I played scrabble in garden yesterday, I managed but had to have brightness on full so batteries went down faster and also after a while it stopped cos it said it was getting too hot and switched off, which wouldn't be good in middle of a sentence if I was using it to talk to someone.

Any idea's how I can get around these issues?

Thanks

Kati

Hello Kati and welcome to the forum.

I'm using the Power Support Anto Glare on my iPhone for many years now and it works great outdoors when it comes to reducing the glare of the screen from the sun. Now I'm using it on my iPad too. It also prevents the screen from smudges and scratches. I highly recommend this product.

Just google Power Support Anto Glare and you will see the link to their website.

Goodluck.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kati and welcome to the forum. I use my iPad a lot outdoors, it's a bit tricky to fend off the glare. If you can get under some shade and angle your pad that should help. Some folks, including me, had the heat problems with the initial release of iPads. I'm on third replacement and so far no problems with heat. I'm not hearing of this problem as much anymore. Keep an eye on this issue and don't hesitate to take the issue to Apple if it persists.

OP
K

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh crikey! I really don't want to have to keep replacing it as it has just taken me 5 days to set up the text to speech app with all my vocabulary!

If they replaced it, I'd have to start again. It hasn't been overheating indoors even though I have been on it most of each day since I got it. the sun was very hot though, unusual for Yorkshire!

Yvrgal - I found the apple uk online store has the iPod touch version of that screen protector so I emailed them to see if they will be getting any iPad versions in.

Thanks guys

Kati

sent from my iPad. :ipad-keyboard:
P.s how do I copy that little icon to add it to my email? Anyone know?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my experiance, the iPad is all but unusable outdoors during daylight, and I've had to resign myself to that circumstance.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my experiance, the iPad is all but unusable outdoors during daylight, and I've had to resign myself to that circumstance.

I totally disagree. I was sitting in a park bench at a park under a beautiful sunny day with my iPad. Use Power Support Anti Glare. It will not disappoint.

Most reactions