What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen acting up

Emmb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve just joined :)

Ince last night, out of the blue...Screen acting up.
No response many times when either tapping a function, app or keypad but when change orientation it works for few taps then seizes until change orientation and works for few taps then...

I’m getting dizzy! Driving me mad
Any ideas?

I have rebooted.
I have cleaned screen.

Not had any other issues with it apart from getting slower which I assume is because geting old and unable to run on latest OS version. To try to help the speed I freed up some space so 9GB free but not really made a difference.

Cheers

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could be experiencing the start of touchscreen failure. If the problem gets worse over time it’s almost certainly the case. If you live within visiting distance of an Apple Store you should visit the Genius Bar for a free diagnostic test of your iPad. If the problem is a hardware issue, the repair cost would likely be more than an iPad 2 is currently worth.

OP
E

Emmb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could be experiencing the start of touchscreen failure. If the problem gets worse over time it’s almost certainly the case. If you live within visiting distance of an Apple Store you should visit the Genius Bar for a free diagnostic test of your iPad. If the problem is a hardware issue, the repair cost would likely be more than an iPad 2 is currently worth.

Hi
Thanks for the reply

I have noticed couple of hairline cracks. Could it be that about 2 years This is a new feature though. Just wondering if think possible.

Take on board what you said about Apple store. It is a major trek..takels me more than 2 hrs just to get there as don’t drive anymore. I run an Air2 aswell and when took that in, was there for hours plus, they just ran hardwear checker and reinstalled data. Did not solve problem and took soo much time

Most reactions

Latest posts