What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I retrieve my Safari screen

Pino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new iPad 2 and after setting it up , I logged on to a number of websites after tapping the Safari icon. The followng day, when I restarted the iPad, I tapped on Safari again and it took me direct to the website I was last on. There was no sign of the Safari page. Since then I have tried everything to bring back the Safari screen. Is this normal with the iPad. To go straight into a former website without showing the Safari page.
If not , how can I bring the Safari screen back. I tried rebooting the iPad but still couldn't find Safari. Can anybody help me ? Pino

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know of a specific Safari page when you first open Safari. That's definitely a new one on me...

However, you might be able to get back to whatever page you saw. In Safari, you should see what looks like two squares overlapping (they may have a number in then). Press that icon and the iPad should show you all the open web pages in Safari. Hopefully, one of them is the page you are looking for

Hope this helps. Let us know how you're getting on.

Marilyn

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In ios5 you'll have tabs from previous web sites. Maybe on of those is the one you want. I think it only keeps the last 9 sites. You can close a tab by tapping the x at the tab.

OP
P

Pino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for your comments. I found what I was looking for by going back through the sites as was suggested. I didn't know that you could do that. I appreciate your quick response Thanks again Pino

Most reactions

Latest posts