What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound on my iPad 2

dante9a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I'm not getting any sound on my iPad 2 when I turn the volume up or down it says "Headphones" as if I have headphones plugged in & I don't. I've tried the mute button I've tried switching from mute to screen orientation nothing seems to work. I've rebooted, I've even uninstalled the last three apps that I had downloaded. Any ideas I'm open. Help!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This indicates that the headphone socket has a malfunction. There is a switch inside which detects headphones are plugged in, and if it becomes stuck or slightly bent it can cause this problem. I've had it happen on my iPhone3G, but never on the iPad.
If you have a set of headphones, you could try pushing them in and out a few times. It may just be stuck slightly and the friction will make the switch / sensor pop back out.

If that does not work, then it sounds like it needs to go back to Apple. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts