What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari problems

nealpa3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have had my ipad since the 30th and it's been working fine, but today when I click on Safari I get the same page and can't get off it. Seems to be frozen - clicked on every button on the Safari screen and get no response. Any suggestions?

Neal

OP
N

nealpa3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari problem

Tried restarting several times.

Late last night it finally worked.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Seems to be a memory leak issue.never happened to me, but my wife's iPad did it. I have heard iPad OS is having memory management issues, and to turning it all the way off and restarting clears it. Sort of like the old "reboot" days of Windows 95.....

SpenceOC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AutoFill Demons

This has been determined to be a bug in Safari.

Go to Settings
Select Safari
Select AutoFill
Turn it OFF

Close Settings

Reopen Settings
Join your network.

You can turn AutoFill back on now if you want but if you connect to some other network and then come back to this one it won't connect while AutoFill is turned on.

Apple will fix this in an update.

Sarah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad screen freeze in Safari

My screen froze (only in Safari) yesterday. I read the posts and have turned it off, and on, many times. I have topped up the power. I attempted the settings/autofill turn off suggestion.

All failed to produce a different result. 24 hours later I still have a "grey/brown" shadow across my whole screen and get no response to tapping. I cannot change to another webpage.

very disappointed, as I love my iPad and use it (almost) 24/7. I have been forced back to my desktop for internet useage.

Any other suggestions?

Sarah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixing Safari freeze

:) Searched on other forums and found a suggestion to do a soft reset - press Home and Sleep together.

IT WORKED!!!

Now happily back on the internet.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My screen froze (only in Safari) yesterday. I read the posts and have turned it off, and on, many times. I have topped up the power. I attempted the settings/autofill turn off suggestion.

All failed to produce a different result. 24 hours later I still have a "grey/brown" shadow across my whole screen and get no response to tapping. I cannot change to another webpage.

very disappointed, as I love my iPad and use it (almost) 24/7. I have been forced back to my desktop for internet useage.

Any other suggestions?

Just do a reset home button and off key until white apple logo appears. It may be another app causing issue.

Last edited:

larthur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem today, and followed suggestion submitted by "col.bris;" it worked.

ipad rookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the same problem just now and am relieved that it exists and that I have not done something daft. Excuse my ignorance but which is the home button? Is it the indented button to the side of the screen top or is it the power button on the side of the ipad?

stemmy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
safari on ipad

This just happened to me last night - thank you so much sarah and col.bris! worked perfectly! I'm bookmarking this sight now!

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I have had the same problem just now and am relieved that it exists and that I have not done something daft. Excuse my ignorance but which is the home button? Is it the indented button to the side of the screen top or is it the power button on the side of the ipad?

iPad.jpg

pbeaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari bug

:) Searched on other forums and found a suggestion to do a soft reset - press Home and Sleep together.

IT WORKED!!!

Now happily back on the internet.

Thank you sooooooooo much. Just bought my iPad and love it to death and had the same problem.This fix WORKED!

hirschey

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I just experienced the same issue (greyed out, non-responsive screen) and held the power button down on my ipad (small button at top of ipad) until I got the white apple icon mentioned earlier. Waited a minute, turned it back on and it worked! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts