What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Not showing on iPad2

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Niece bought a iPad a couple months ago. I saw it for the first time yesterday.
It doesn't have Safari on it? When you touch the Safari icon it just comes up with a blank white screen.
Sorry, but I can't give any more info becasue I can't contact her right now. I just wanted some suggestions on where to start and what to look for when I get the iPad.
Thanks
Wayne

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd suggest trying two things.

First, double press the home button which will open the task bar, then touch and hold the safari icon until the small circle with a minus sign appears, touch the minus to close safari, now close the task bar by pressing the home button. You can try opening safari again now. If it is still not working then......

Press and hold the on/off button until the red slider appears, slide to off. When it's fully off restart the iPad and see if safari works.

Let us know how you get on.

The Archangel

OP
W

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Gabriel1 I will be going to her house Tuesday to do some computer work so will do what you suggested. Will let you know how it works out.
Thanks Again
Wayne

OP
W

WayneF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1. Thanks for that solution to her problem. I did as you suggested and now her Safari comes right up.
Thanks again.
Wayne

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's great news!

iOS like any operating system sometimes needs a little maintenance but what you did is about as much as it ever needs.....which isn't much at all compared to many other OS's.

The Archangel

Most reactions