What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor: iPad 3 to be announced on March 7

nade1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Ok I know the release of the iPad is near and yes I know we are all excited but for the moment everything is rumors. No I am not closing the thread however please restrain from linking to other sites and posting stuff that really is rumors and nothing more. We welcome constructive comments thoughts and of course your input that is what the forum is about. So I hope you all understand that we do not allow links to blogs on other sites period so please please avoid this. Enjoy and happy posting and yes I will be first in line for an iPad 3 or what ever Apple calls it when it is released in Australia.

Oh one more thing..........

I started with Apple as a user in 1978 and have used, purchased or tested almost every product they have produce good and bad and personally I have total confidence in what Apple will provide in the upcoming iPad release. What one has to understand this development for the latest iPad has been going on for years not just months so relax and enjoy what they serve up....Bon appetite

Yay.....can't wait

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NextMedia / Apple Daily claims to have received the following photos and information through "special channels". The photo below shows what is claimed to be an overview shot of the new iPad 3 back enclosure (top of image) as well as a comparison shot between the original iPad, the iPad 2 and the New iPad (inset). (via Apple pro)
iPad-3.JPG
The shell should look familiar as it seems to be the same part we previously published. The lighting, however, is much better in this shot, and reveals the more subtle changes. There are notably no markings on the back of the case besides the Apple logo, itself.

The iPad 3 enclosure seems to have a more gradual taper to the edges than the iPad 2. The taper is seen better on the top overview photograph. As a result of this longer taper, the iPad 3's camera rests on the taper itself. We saw this before but due to the dark lighting of that image, the taper seemed more exaggerated.

The absolute positioning of the camera doesn't seem that far off from the iPad 2, but the lens does appear larger. According to NextMedia, the new iPad 3 camera will see a significant upgrade to 8 megapixels. The current iPad 2 back camera is 1 megapixel in resolution. The site also summarizes many of the other expectations for the iPad 3, such as an improved display, quad-core CPU, and a March 7th announcement date.

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to start a new thread about nothing so I'll post it here :D

Does anyone remember the time frame of the 2; from when it was released to when they started shipping out units? If I remember correctly the unveil/release was in march as well... Then they started fulfilling orders.... ??? How many weeks later after the release??...

Just trying to gauge a rough relative time frame....

OP
Milanno

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the time frame of the 2; from when it was released to when they started shipping out units? If I remember correctly the unveil/release was in march as well... Then they started fulfilling orders.... ??? How many weeks later after the release??....

About 10 days after official release iPad 2 started with sale.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of my friend asked this the other day, that I already have the iPad-2 I dont know what special is the iPad-3 gonna do ?? I told him well yes, the screen is a big enticing factor of the iPad-3 but other wise if someone already has a iPad-2 there is no real need for someone to upgrade it unless someone has to !! If someone never had a iPad and wants to own one, this could be a good entry point to own a iPad with the iPad-3.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
exile said:

Does anyone remember the time frame of the 2; from when it was released to when they started shipping out units? If I remember correctly the unveil/release was in march as well... Then they started fulfilling orders.... ??? How many weeks later after the release??...

Ipad 2 - announced 3/2 and shipped 3/11

nade1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
exile said:

Thanks for this...I asked the question but nobody responded. March cannot get here quick enough.

OP
Milanno

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are latest shots where is showed comparison between iPad & iPad 3

6905638789_cdb0b76102_b.jpg

6905638865_bbd3a8f33e_b.jpg

6905638937_50115cf0d1_b.jpg

6905639155_c1fc5e0c91_b.jpg

6905639329_02f36383c1_b.jpg

6905639671_81de21bcef_b.jpg

6905640007_a9f8ba2b30_b.jpg

6905640463_94ea613d34_b.jpg

OP
Milanno

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just saw new leaked photo. Seems that iPad 3 bezel is thinner compared to iPad 2.

I`ve marked with red color one part of bezel so you can see better.

v4qs9d.jpg

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just saw new leaked photo. Seems that iPad 3 bezel is thinner compared to iPad 2.

I`ve marked with red color one part of bezel so you can see better.

v4qs9d.jpg

That makes the bezel appear slimmer down the sides than at the top or bottom. That doesn't sound like an Apple thing to do. I reckon that is just the perspective of an image that has been skewed by pulling in the horizontal dimensions making it appear slimmer.

shaneomelo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get the brightness back if it already shows it as all the way up on the settings tab??? New at this,thanks

OP
Milanno

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get the brightness back if it already shows it as all the way up on the settings tab??? New at this,thanks

We still dont have iPad 3, so we really cant help you with your iPad 3 problem :D :D
For few weeks maybe, when we get our devices in hands :eek:

Where are you from, I assume from China, when you already have iPad 3 in your hands :eek:

Most reactions