What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Alert - iPad release date likely Friday, March 26th!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-march26.jpg
A new article out today from the Examiner claims that Apple will likely release the iPad Friday, March 26th. Lucky Apple employees may also get some hands on iPad training beginning March 10th. These new dates have been the talk of the net today, but also mentioned by an unamed Apple Store manager in Southern California. Remaining unamed is probably a smart move if he wishes to continue working for Apple!

• The actual release date hasn't been set, but March 26 is very likely.
  • The 3G versions won't be available until April or May.
  • Commercials will start airing on March 15. E-book capabilities will be emphasized.
Thanks for the tip Ellie!

{Source: Examiner.com}

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't believe that too much, because i don't see Apple sending so in advance device for training as Ipad is nearly the same as Iphone ....

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've known people who work for Apple retail. It seems about right. Don't forget, they want people to know it inside and out, including their new version of iWork. Also, they can't just pull all the retail employees to train at once. They have to cycle them through so they keep coverage in the stores.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordering on line

By everything I have read with all the tips put out the 26th sounds about Right. It is approx. 60 days and a Friday. Several people said Apple very often starts sales in Store on Friday, Right? What I want to ask which may be one of my "drinking too much coolaid questions" is this: If you order online like I will have too do they take orders online before that date so you can receive I pad on opening day or do they take online orders on that date (the 26th?):confused:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually you can buy online only on the same days as the launch .... but for the delivery i guess they will have some delivery time ... of course it's based on the success the Ipad will have to the mass market (i believe he will have a giant one)

skrat982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For what it its worth, I preordered first generation iPod touch and received it UPS from China on the first day they became available in US.:D

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where the Ipad is made

Interesting.

Who knows where the iPad is manufactured?

China. Virtually ALL of Apple's hardware is manufactured in China.

I know i know :)

The screen is made near Shanghai in one of the factory of Foxcoon, and the final assembling is in Shenzhen (Ba'oan) in the main factory of Foxcoon .. in that part it's like a Fort Knox they need the copy of the birthdate certificate of you're Grand'ma :D , and you need to let you're mobile at the reception and they have a full body scanner ... no camera , no microphone no radio transmission system ... they have everything inside the complex include Hospital and swimming pool ... the total number of worker there is 270.000 YES 270000 that's big no ??

Most reactions

Latest posts