What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reverted back to 5.1.1 and now I cant down load iphoto

MB50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to revert back from ios6 to 5.1.1 and now I cant down load iphoto because it updated 9/19 and need ios6.

Is there any way to get the old version of Iphoto back? since I already paid for it?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your only way to get it back legitimately is either...

1) Go back to IOS6 and install it - this is what Apple expects you to do...
2) Install the previous version which will be in your PC iTunes app folder, assuming you use a PC to sync once in a while.

If you don't use iTunes to sync / backup your apps once in a while then you are going to be stuck. Apple policy is that they see no good reason for all device owners not to be on the most recent version of IOS when they restore. They simply don't support downgrading and this is one of the ways that they can catch you out...

Worth noting - It's a really good idea to sync your apps onto your PC for this very reason! If you get an update you don't like then you can always get the last version back! :D

OP
M

MB50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to Itunes app folder, I see the app, can you tell me how to get it back to my Ipad?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sync it on using iTunes sync...

Connect your iPad, switch to the App tab, tick the iPhoto app... It should then sync back onto your device when you press sync.

OP
M

MB50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the backed version I have is the new version:mad:

Most reactions