What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhoto updates &/or original download

sjduesey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geraldwingrove.com
HELP - Has anyone got a link to an iPhoto download or update for iPhoto 9.6 running on a Mac with OSX10.10.3 - some people seem to think they are still available, but WHERE. Apple Store UK and USA no longer have them listed, mine has been struck out - literally, the icon now had a line put through it when I upgraded a new Mac Mini from 10.10 to 10.10.3 - iPhoto has now been disabled - and PHOTO put in it’s place, which is not a replacement as it has no direct links to the iPad or iPhone - you cannot up load and down load photo/albums to/from these devices with PHOTO, as you could with iPhoto & iTunes. HELP needed as I use these as tools not playthings.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even if you found the download file for iPhoto, it wouldn't work, Apple has disabled the app in OSX 10.10.3 and later. Besides, downloading iPhoto from any source other than the Mac App Store would be a form of piracy and theft. I'm afraid that you'll have to find a third party photo editing app that will do what you need.

OP
S

sjduesey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geraldwingrove.com
Any suggestions - you seem to be the only one on this forum, does anyone else see these pages? For the record it seems that Apple is having second thoughts on iPhoto - I was at last given a code by Apple to download/or unblock my current blocked iPhoto with the unavailable iPhoto upgrade, when I just went to redeem it, the message was -"THIS ITEM IS BEING MODIFIED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER - I live in hope

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the code you received for the same country your account is registered in?
You may have to wait for the modification to be finished.

OP
S

sjduesey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.geraldwingrove.com
YES - I was provide with a code - JPLH4K4EYP96 - to redeem something ‘I was given to understand’ to sort this out - for the first 2 days after entering it, the message was ‘being modified, try later’. Yesterday it was THERE, after clicking it the message changed to ‘your app is downloaded’ - it is not on the desk top or in the Download folder, or installed into iPhoto or PHOTOS - I now enter it again and the message is ‘the code has been redeemed’. Apple are totally dead on the matter, customers do not matter, once they have your money - came back Steve Jobs

Today I have 10.10.3 installed together with iPhoto-9.6.1 - PHOTOS-1 - iTunes-12.1.2.27 & iOS-8.3 on the iPhone & iPad. All can see each other but none will talk to the iPhone/iPad to update it.

Constructive ideas most welcome.

Most reactions

Latest posts