What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning iPad 2 to Apple

OP
G

gza1105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I really appreciate all your help. I already sent my iPad back to Apple last Monday and I've been very impressed about what a good customer service they have. They have called me 3 times this week to let me know the Status of my iPad 2, and yesterday they called me and told me that my iPad 2 has been replaced and that it is ready for pickup in one of my local Apple stores so I'm heading that way this afternoon and hopefully I'll let you all know if it was a good idea to return it or not :p ... anyway thanks again and I will come back later

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I really appreciate all your help. I already sent my iPad back to Apple last Monday and I've been very impressed about what a good customer service they have. They have called me 3 times this week to let me know the Status of my iPad 2, and yesterday they called me and told me that my iPad 2 has been replaced and that it is ready for pickup in one of my local Apple stores so I'm heading that way this afternoon and hopefully I'll let you all know if it was a good idea to return it or not :p ... anyway thanks again and I will come back later
Good to hear...let us know how it goes!

antonczuba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 had screen bleeding and it had a scratch out the box! So I took it to an apple store and they replaced it.

To check for screen bleeding download a black image or take a picture with your iPad on a table. Go to a dark room and turn up your brightness. Look on the edges of the screen for white bleeding into the screen

OP
G

gza1105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SO Im back home with my ipad 2... When I got to the store they told me my ipad had been replaced which made me really happy... because to be honest the backlight leakage n my iPad wasnt as bad as others ipads Ive seen.. YET I wanted it replaced because I paid almost $700 for it.. and I want something that works 100% fine!... so they gave me my new ipad.. it looks like brand NEW! and it was in a plastic thingie just like when I bought it brand new!.. so im very happy.. and the best part is that it has no scratches n the back.. lol so I have a second chance to take a better care of this one.. so im probably gonna buy a skin for it or a new case.. :) Anyway thank you all for your help

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gza1105 said:
SO Im back home with my ipad 2... When I got to the store they told me my ipad had been replaced which made me really happy... because to be honest the backlight leakage n my iPad wasnt as bad as others ipads Ive seen.. YET I wanted it replaced because I paid almost $700 for it.. and I want something that works 100% fine!... so they gave me my new ipad.. it looks like brand NEW! and it was in a plastic thingie just like when I bought it brand new!.. so im very happy.. and the best part is that it has no scratches n the back.. lol so I have a second chance to take a better care of this one.. so im probably gonna buy a skin for it or a new case.. :) Anyway thank you all for your help

I rarely get to buy anything for myself, as I'm a single mum with two kids. So when I bought my iPad, I had the choice of getting the 16GB or the 32GB within my budget. I decided 16 would be more than enough for what I'm using it for and I'd rather spend the extra 100 on skins and a smart cover. The back skin is perfect but the front one is getting messed up already, little scratches, and like tiny pit marks. So glad I did that now or that would be my screen damaged!

I'm going to order a Zagg skin when this one wears out, with a unique design on it.

antonczuba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen bleedding

To check for screen bleeding get a black image, put your brightness on max and go to a dark room. then check for white patches.

- have a different problem and i need help. i have an ipad 2 on ios 5 beta 5 and whenever i play a 720p or up movie in the videos app the movie stutters. is this a problem with my ipad or is it a problem with the os? all the movies are P4 format so is that a problem? as always all help is greatly appreciated! thank in advance

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the 'fix it all' cure for the iPad; a complete power down, rather than simply putting the iPad to sleep? It fixes a whole load of problems...

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - I mean if you have this stuttering problem, just turn it completely off, then on again. This 'restart' does a lot of internal 'cleaning up' and generally fixes a lot of 'issues'.

Another solution is to completely close the app in the multi-task bar. Double-tap the Home button to open the multi-task bar, press any icon in the multi-task bar until they all start to jiggle, then press the upper left hand corner of the app you want to close completely. This does not delete it, simply completely closes it. Now touch the Home button again to close the multi-task bar and then try again.

Tim

antonczuba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. It was the beta 5 of ios 5... As soon as I updated it was fine. Thanks for the help though! Just by the way... I know how to close running applications... :)

Most reactions