What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naked screen users beware

Shakenbake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well today I noticed a 1/2 inch scratch on the left hand side in the horizontal position. This also happends to be we're I slide my left thumb to scroll up/down pages. Anyways with LIGHT pressure I moved my finger side to side across the scratch to verify it was a scratch. And then the unthinkable happened. Thier is now deep scratches going in the same direction that I moved my finger across the scratch . I can see the "trail" exactly of we're I moved my finger across it. So my conclusion is that small glass particles can become dislodged from the scratch and caught under your finger then dragged across the screen causing more scratches. Keep in mind this happened within 3 seconds so the only preventative measure would be to not touch the screen scratches or use a screen protector. Anyone else have a problem like this.

Troubleina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow!! I use a naked screen, however i only use a stylus, and not my bare hands. Maybe that makes a difference?
I had a zagg invisishield on my previous ipad, but i hated how it felt. Thats why with the ipad 2, and the new ipad, i opted to go sans screen protector.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All my iDevices, including iPad 1 and 2, go bare. No scratches that I can see.

The scenario you describe sounds plausible. I figure I'm willing to risk scratches, rather than use a screen protector.

OP
S

Shakenbake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I beleive the scratch started from something caught under the smart cover,and then I made multiple horizontal scratches but thier all connected, like a single zig-zag line crossing the vertical origional scratch. Anyways I wanted to point out that it's possible to make a scratch worse just by touching it with your finger. And is also possible you will get very mad at yourself when you do.

Most reactions

Latest posts