What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore... Just for the heck of it?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just did a restore with iTunes and completely reinstalled everything just because my iPad takes so long to boot. It would take at least 5 minutes and it would boot into safe mode. Then I would have to respring and then i had a working iPad. Also it was just soooooooo slow.
But now it is great. Anybody else had to do this?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It definitely means you had something installed that was not iPad / 4.3.3 compatible. Usually it is a tweak which messes with springboard, hence the reason it boots to safe mode.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But, before i restored, i took screen-shots of the stuff i had installed and reinstalled everything. So maybe something internal was getting slow?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
IOS doesn't "get slow" like windows does. I promise you I've seen it dozens of times. There is always a culprit. It could easily have been a bad dependency from something you tried out and then deleted, so that's why you don't have it this time...

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
IOS doesn't "get slow" like windows does. I promise you I've seen it dozens of times. There is always a culprit. It could easily have been a bad dependency from something you tried out and then deleted, so that's why you don't have it this time...

I already know that. I have found that iLock is the culprit. It works, springhboard just doesnt like it. :)

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to agree that apps from the "other repos" can be a usual culprit to crashing of the springboard. I do use them sometimes to trial an app out to see if I like it (granted they don't offer a free trial, which most do) but most of them are unreliable and buggy. Glad you got everything fixed though.

Most reactions

Latest posts