What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP - installed app from Cydia and now stuck in Boot Mode...

bobthebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey all - Ipad Mini Retina running jailbroken iOS 7.0.6 - everything was perfect until I tried to install "Music Controls Pro" from Cydia... when I went to respring my ipad became stuck in the Apple Logo mode and now it won't boot up. in fact it appears to flash to blue and reboot every 5 min or so if left alone but again it just returns to the logo and is unresponsive.

I can hold down power+home for several seconds and it will reboot but that's the only trick I know.

I REALLY don't want to restore because that will upgrade me to 7.1.1 for which there is NO JAILBREAK... so can anyone help me out here?
I thought there was a MobileSubstrate layer that I could boot into (kind of a "Safe Mode") but I'm not having any luck with it.

help?
Bennett

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried the "No Substrate" method? To enter it, hold both the sleep and home buttons until you see the Apple logo. Once you see it, release the buttons and then press and hold the volume UP button. This will turn off all Cydia/Mobile Substrate "hooks."

Once the springboard shows (it will not tell you substrate mode is off), then you should be able to go to,Cydia and uninstall the tweak you loaded. Then, the respring after the,uninstall should put,you back to rights.

Hopefully, this'll help. Good luck and holler back if you need more.

Marilyn

bandh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had that happen to me in the past and I didn't know that mode even existed.
Goes to show you learn somthing new every day.

Most reactions