What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore Ipad without connective to computer?

blindguy1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
big problem

i have a completely different problem. my ipad started freezing, so i connected it to my computer. it put it into restore mode, but i didn;t see it in time, because my computer was being slow. i restarted it... now it restarts autimatically about every five minutes, all it shows is the restore/ loading ring, and when I connect it to my computer it makes me configure it as a new ipad, i had a password so i can;t restore the old configuration. i've tried restoring it with itunes, and blackraIn, but nothing helps, mainly because the ipad has either restarted or turned itself off. i can't return it to apple, because there is no warranty, i really need a way to restore it without connecting it to the computer. any other udeas would be great too.

I have a first generation ipad, and it has not been jailbroken.

Last edited:

isko419

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have bought a second hand original ipad 16 gb. i did this Settings > General Settings > reset > reset all content and settings. i have also erased all date and contents. now i can't turn the ipad on. my computer can't detect it either. all i see is the black screen with the apple logo. what do i do? thanks in advance!!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have bought a second hand original ipad 16 gb. i did this Settings > General Settings > reset > reset all content and settings. i have also erased all date and contents. now i can't turn the ipad on. my computer can't detect it either. all i see is the black screen with the apple logo. what do i do? thanks in advance!!!

I would suggest following the guide here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

You can probably skip Step2, since if you have never had an iPad before it won't be relevant, but make sure all the others are followed. You should end up with 5.1.1 freshly installed on the iPad.

Good Luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts