What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remove iphone aol app

courtney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
had some stuff done with my mac and ipad today at the apple store, at some point they loaded aol iphone on the ipad or changed a setting

now when i try to open aol in safari i end up using the iphone screen, i cannot figure out how to get it back or to get iphone aol to go away

have done a lot of searches, does anyone on here know how?

thank you

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
People still use AOL?

Look for an AOL type icon on your iPad, If you see one hold your finger on it until it starts to wiggle. It will then show an X that you can click to delete the app.

OP
C

courtney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there is no app, i cannot find an app loaded anywhere
and there is no aol button, etc

i am going to aol.com from safari if that helps

any other suggestions

thank you

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think she means she is getting the mobile version of the AOL site instead of the normal desktop version of the page. Is that correct? If so, is there a link somewhere on the page that says "Standard site" or "Full site". Usually at the very bottom or very top of the website.

OP
C

courtney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that is exactly it, i am getting the mobile version for the iphone

i put in aol.com hit enter and it loads iphone.aol.com

i dont know how to stop it

i looked on the page, nothing about basic version, it has options but all it gives me is color options

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If there's no option for it, then your only choice is to buy Atomic Web Browser (99 cents) and set it to Safari Desktop or IE 8, etc. Then when you surf to any website, the iPad will not report itself as a mobile device.

Most reactions

Latest posts