What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Desktop

dyoseph19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, is there an iPad app that you can remote control your desktop computer running on windows different from team viewer..

Thanks.

OP
dyoseph19

dyoseph19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried it and it works well. Thanks guys..

the2ems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works fantastically - fully recommended.

Just downloaded Splashtop and like the look. Only problem I am having is controlling the position of the pointer. Seems a bit hit and miss as you can't see it under your finger, so difficult to be precise.
Also, you can't remotely access you computer when it has gone to sleep, unless I am missing something. And I don't wand to disable sleep mode when not at home.

Last edited:

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded Splashtop and like the look. Only problem I am having is controlling the position of the pointer. Seems a bit hit and miss as you can't see it under your finger, so difficult to be precise.
Also, you can't remotely access you computer when it has gone to sleep, unless I am missing something. And I don't wand to disable sleep mode when not at home.

To move the mouse pointer you touch the ipad screen and pointer will go to that point.
You are correct to say that if your computer is asleep or off then you are unable to access it.

thedrscompanion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ziffos said:
To move the mouse pointer you touch the ipad screen and pointer will go to that point.
You are correct to say that if your computer is asleep or off then you are unable to access it.

So this is the first page that seemed as I'd it would be helpful. Umm.... So if my computers fairly slow will it be slow if I buy this app. Because I don't want o waste my money by having I run just as slowly on my iPad as on my pc

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
thedrscompanion said:
So this is the first page that seemed as I'd it would be helpful. Umm.... So if my computers fairly slow will it be slow if I buy this app. Because I don't want o waste my money by having I run just as slowly on my iPad as on my pc

.??? Well, if you remote control a very slow computer, the fact the you remotely control it will for sure not make it faster! In fact it will slow down slightly (maybe not noticeable).

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thedrscompanion said:

Your computer will not run any faster when doing this as it will still be your computer doing all the hard processing work.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts