What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Handwriting recognition for RDP to windows server

Iwannause

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a newbie to the Ipad2 and remote desktop.
I am using an electronic medical record on a windows server 2007 service pack 2. I am using Itap rdp to remote into server from the Ipad2 and use the EMR in the office. Is there a handwriting recognition app that I can use to write information into the EMR from the Ipad that will convert it to typed text (something like writepad) while remoted into the windows based server?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a stumper, for sure. I have a feeling that you won't find anything that meets your objectives (assuming I understand what you're asking). Your requirements suggest that you want to run two apps simultaneously and that would require some real-time interproces communication that you won't find on the iPad. Perhaps that's not exactly what you're looking for or perhaps someone else can help but that's my guess. I suspect that what you need is an app on the server that enables you to write (and translate to text) on the server or alternatively a way to pull the EMR (perhaps as a PDF) to your iPad where a notetaking app (e.g. 7Notes HD Premium) can annotate it with text and then transfer it back to the server.

Given that EMR is a big development area perhaps you'd be well advised to look into some of the software available in that content area and see if anyone is developing an iPad app.

OP
I

Iwannause

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again I am a newbie, but will try to clarify what I am looking for (and please forgive my ignorance). The EMR is a windows based program with areas to input text (such as vitals, history of illness, medical history, etc.) and also place to put text for searchable database (such as medications....type in Aug and the drug database comes up with augmentin and the various strenths available).

However since the program is loaded on a server, the only way to input the text is with a keyboard (whether the one connected to the server or the one on the screen of the ipad which is remotely connected to server). I have seen Ipad apps that allow you to handwrite something on the screen and it will convert it to type text. Also since the server is a desktop, it has no handwriting recognition capability. Is there an app that would allow me to handwrite on my Ipad (while remotely connected to the server) and it would convert to type text in the EMR. I am willing to install a program (if one is out there) on the server that would allow handwriting recognition (such as what you can do on a convertable tablet).

Most reactions

Latest posts