What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Registering Cellular Data Connection/Account

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
The other day I attempted to register my cellular Data Account with y 32G/3G iPad and everything seemed fine until it attempted to verify the activity (or whatever they called that step) and then all of a sudden the signal strength indicators and "AT&T" (in the upper left-hand corner) disappeared and was replaced by "No Service" (and my daughter's iPad showed 5 bars). Ever since that time the upper left-hand corner icon has looked the same ("No Service"). What did I do wrong (if anything)?

I do recall a question as I was signing up, it asked me if the "service area" was the same as the credit card address (which made no sense at all if I was going to be at home, so I answered "No" - because I wanted to use it on the road). Does this have anything to do with the price of tea in China?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah you probably wanted to say yes, just becuase it would look for you in your general area and not "roam" Can you go into settings and see if "data roaming" is set to ON? Also on the same screen click view account, log in and then change user settings and you can reselect to use the same service area see if that fixes things up. also try the power off/on to see if that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts