What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and cellular data

ottiliegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope this is the correct place for my question. If not please redirect me. During the recent power outage I realized that if I signed up for cellular data access I would be able to communicate with the world in some manner. However, I feel that I do not really understand what I am doing. What I do understand is that if I have no power and no wifi service I will be able to connect through my cellular data account. What happens when my wifi service becomes active again? Is it correct that unless I turn off the cellular data service that it will continue to be used like wifi instead of using my wifi service? My iPad was set to cellular data ON, Enable LTE set to ON and roaming set to OFF. I only want to use cellular data when I am away from my own wifi site. Thank you any help and understandin you can give me.

Ottiliegirl

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As long as you have WiFi turned on and you leave all the other settings you listed alone, the moment the iPad detects your WiFi signal it will switch from LTE/3G to WiFi automatically. So you have nothing to worry about.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Of your wifi comes back on, your iPad will get back on wifi. It will always pick wifi over LTE unless you force wifi off. Basically, it does exactly what you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts