What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendations for voice recorder and may be more..

LawPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for something like Audio Memos, which I began to test... From what I can tell, it does a great job recording my 900 year old constitutional law professor's lectures from a distance, but it does not allow any other applications when recording.

Now, if I'm creating a wish list - how about something like dragon diction without the "time" limitations (speech to text) that allows multitasking. Jailbroken or not. Thx!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notes Plus allows audio recording, typed or handwritten notes, drawing, annotation, folders for various notes etc. See the app at the App Store and then have a look at the Developer's website for a great video demonstration of what it can do. The Developer is very committed to the app and is making constant upgrades and additions, in response to users' requests. I'm sure other Members will have recommendations too.

Tim

OP
LawPad2

LawPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx, I'll check it out. Funny, I've got every note taking app out except this one.

When I wrote this, I was frantically searching Note Taker HD for the "insert audio" option. Not too shabby when you unconsciously think your ipad is a laptop with OneNote. Everyone from kindergarten students to post-graduate students should have one of these. So glad I did not wait for that HP...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for something like Audio Memos, which I began to test... From what I can tell, it does a great job recording my 900 year old constitutional law professor's lectures from a distance, but it does not allow any other applications when recording.

Now, if I'm creating a wish list - how about something like dragon diction without the "time" limitations (speech to text) that allows multitasking. Jailbroken or not. Thx!

I was amused, too, that your Constitutional Law Professor is 900 years old..:D

I teach electronics and communications at University and I sometimes feel 900 years old....

Tim

OP
LawPad2

LawPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha, I was planning to call him methuselah, but due to a brain fart, I forgot the spelling. If you've seen 'The Paper Chase', he's the guy. Anyhow, testing the app out, and thus far, i'm pleased, so thanks again!

cmscritic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cmscritic.com
Soundnote is fantastic. I just mentioned it in the note taking post but I use it for interviewing and it's outstanding so.. if you need to take notes and record your voice, good option. Not solely for voice recording but I thought I should mention it.

Most reactions

Latest posts