What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading in bed - Needing a Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

howell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered!

This is a very helpful post, thanks Teacher's Pet! I too have been trying to find the perfect case/stand for my bed and couch.

After looking at all of the options, I decided on the Prop It Up. I just ordered one tonight.Once it arrives I will report back with pictures and thoughts! I love the idea of having a lots of angles to choose from while laying down or relaxing on my sofa/recliner.

:comingsoon:

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
get the apple case or the marwear eco view case or the macally bookstand case, the incipio kickstand case or...

just use a photo frame stand, that would cost you around $3 at any hobby shop.

I use this case (Click the gallery button below the main image for images of it open.)....

resizeimage.asp

Targus*|*THZ022EU*–*Targus Truss Case for iPad

Notice it has two different positions/angles when using in landscape.

Lying on my back I just rest it on my chest or lap and read hands free.
Lying on my stomach I just rest it in front of me on the bed and read hands free.

The only problem with it is it has no way to hold the iPad in portrait mode.
I rarely use portrait mode so it`s not a problem for me.

sbc2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a china made Elegant Aluminum Viewing Stand for iPad just cost $9.99, bad news is moq is 50.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about something like this? There should be cheaper alternatives though.

I have got to get me one of these! Not as much for my iPad as for my laptop so I can use my new chase lounge. Very cool. Guess what I am asking for for christmas.

You will like it, has a usb hub buikt in also and 2 height levels for stand its self, i love it for my laptop works ok for ipad just cant use fan not that you would need it lol

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question for the people that bought the epillow. Does the cover come off so you can wash it? What is it filled with? This is not addressed on their website.

howell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine.

Hey all,

As promised I wanted to share my experience with the Prop It Up. I ordered mine around Thanksgiving and my family has been using it since.

I bought mine from [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003IGNUL4"]Amazon.com[/ame] which seems to be the best deal. Since I was patient, I got the free shipping!

My wife and girls tried it before I got use it. They really love it! My girls like to lay on the floor while they play, so this put the iPad at the perfect angle while they read or play games.

My wife is an adorable couch potato and she loves our iPad. She told me that she liked the Prop It Up because it let's her watch TV and knit while keeping the iPad on her lap at a nice viewing angle.

For myself, I use it in bed. I like to read the newspaper and Facebook before going to bed and this is the most comfortable way to do it. I just put it at the highest angle postion and start reading away.

It could be a little smaller, as it seems to be made for "universal" purposes. They advertise using laptops and such with it. I'd like an even smaller model that was just for tablets.

Overall I give it an A-. They also have a website where you can check out a YouTube. Check it out at PaddedSpaces.com.

Check out my girls using the Prop It Up!

Attachments

• img20101126125644.jpg
    img20101126125644.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 427
  • img20101126125452.jpg
    img20101126125452.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 437
  • img20101126124900.jpg
    img20101126124900.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 445

Kylevoltz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.thelaplog.com
Completely Biased

I created The Lap Log for this exact reason. We got a LOT of positive feedback from all of our holiday customers, so I think people love it as much as I do!

jordanj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using the bookseat with my ipad in bed. It seems to work well and can be adjusted to different positions. The company itself does not ship internationally (from Australia), but I managed to get it form The Gallerie.
(thegallerie.com.au/content/BOOK-SEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts