What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading apps all crash when following links

dlblackfl2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3 Wi-Fi only IOS 5.1.1 JB freezes whenever I attempt to follow a link from within a reading/news app such as Pulse, Flipboard, Zite, or Trap!t. No error message, just a frozen screen. Can force close app, but closing/restarting app doesn't solve problem. Neither does deleting/reinstalling apps, or rebooting iPad. Can't RE-restore/rejailbreak, because I'm on factory 5.1.1. Any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you are jailbroken I have moved this to the Hacking section for you to get the right folks looking at your problem.

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any tweaks installed that interact with Safari? One of them might be interfering with the "open link" function.

If you don't know, or don't have any, could you list your tweaks? Something you've got installed is interfering - maybe we can see what it might be from your list.

Marilyn

OP
D

dlblackfl2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Do you have any tweaks installed that interact with Safari? One of them might be interfering with the "open link" function.
If you don't know, or don't have any, could you list your tweaks? Something you've got installed is interfering - maybe we can see what it might be from your list.

Marilyn

Thanks for your reply, Mickey330. I may have isolated the problem and solved it. One of the misbehaving apps was Facebook. I deleted all the misbehaving apps, including Facebook this time, and reinstalled and tested them one by one, finally reinstalling Facebook, and they are all playing nicely now. I will treat this issue as solved for now, unless It reappears, in which case I'll itemize my tweaks in a new post. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts