What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ran over my ipad!

jetjock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By accident(I can assure you) I ran over my ipad and destroyed it. Can't get along without it so I will have a new one next week.

Question---When I connect my new ipad to my pc, can I transfer my info, apps, pictures, etc. from my pc to my new ipad?

Thanks
JJ:(

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ouch!!

The answer is definitely maybe! If you acquired all of your content (music, books, apps) through the iTunes store on your computer, then everything will transfer to your new iPad just fine.

If however, you bought stuff on your iPad and had not synced to iTunes on your computer, then it may be gone. The one exception is apps. Once you buy them, you can download them again for free, even the paid ones. Other copyrighted material such as books and music will have to be purchased again if you had not synced since they were purchased on your iPad.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow.:( We want details!! I thought I lost mine yesterday ~ thought I left it on top of my car after a meeting!

Seriously.

We did that with a pizza once and saw it slide down the back window on the freeway! Then of course someone ran it over from behind.

All I could think of was that damn pizza and if someone ran over my ipad:(, while I seached my car and briefcase and made calls.

Perhaps that happend to him!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Commiserations Jetpack I know how much I'd miss mine.

There are times when you could do with a wrist strap like compact cameras for those moments you are moving around carrying your iPad.
Just looking at my apple case thinking how easy it would be to make one, especially with the wooden floors here.

Moonchaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.moonchasersoftware.com
By accident(I can assure you) I ran over my ipad and destroyed it. Can't get along without it so I will have a new one next week.

Question---When I connect my new ipad to my pc, can I transfer my info, apps, pictures, etc. from my pc to my new ipad?

Thanks

Sorry for your loss.

If you have synced your iPad recently, you should be able to restore the last back up. Read this Apple KB article on how to do it.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks

Yes! Up to five devices.

OP
J

jetjock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turned out to be a non-event. Got the new ipad today, and when plugged in, asked if I wanted to restore or add a new device. Went to restore and the new ipad is identical to the one destroyed.

I am in redneck territory and had left the ipad on the toolbox while I loaded some stuff in my truck. Being a dumbass, I just got in the truck and drove off. The ipad fell in the road as I drove out the driveway and by the time I went back to look for it the next day, it was in pieces in the road.

An expensive lesson, but a happy ending.

Most reactions

Latest posts