What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get app from computer to ipad

ramrod25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my gen1 Ipad - got the name changed, registered at the app store and downloaded an app.

Am using PC. Ok - how do I get the app to download from the PC to the ipad??

I synced the ipad to the computer - no problem - ran the diagnostics - no problem. If I read the instructions correctly - after download the app from the store to the PC - the next time the ipad syncs to the pc - the app should download. No joy - any help appreciated

Rodney

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my gen1 Ipad - got the name changed, registered at the app store and downloaded an app.

Am using PC. Ok - how do I get the app to download from the PC to the ipad??

I synced the ipad to the computer - no problem - ran the diagnostics - no problem. If I read the instructions correctly - after download the app from the store to the PC - the next time the ipad syncs to the pc - the app should download. No joy - any help appreciated

Rodney

OK - a workaround until someone has a better suggestion. Go to the iPad's App Store app and download the app directly to the iPad. If you're using the same iTunes account on your PC and iPad, you won't be charged again. There's no need to download the app to your PC first of all - I never do.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you turn on App Syncing in iTunes?

With the iPad connected to iTunes, select the iPad under the Devices list. Click on the Apps section at the top of the screen. Make you selected to Sync Apps. If you have, and also chose to sync Selected Apps, make sure the apps you want to sync have a checkmark next to them. Then sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts