What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about synching two ipads

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 32 gb wifi iPad and just placed an order for a 32 gb 3G iPad for my husband. Will I be able to synch both ipads on my MacBook pro? I'm sure that the 3G will be mine and want to make sure that everything I have on this one will be on the new one too. Can I legally use the apps I've bought on two iPads?

Thanks,

Susan (from my iPad)

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. As long as you share the same iTunes account. Just like when you buy a new iPhone or iPod or anything else you get access to the same purchased stuff. I have all same apps on my ipad that I do on my iPhone and my fiancées iPhone.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can sync both on your macbook pro and it doesn't matter if you have both on the same account or not as far as syncing 2 devices to 1 computer.

left

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cellingpost.com
I do this. Its a bit irritating with a lot of apps. Some apps I only want on one iPad, so I have to hunt them down with the list. I wish they made a bigger view for unchecking apps.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Just wanted to add my "yes you can :)

I sync 2 ipads and an iPhone to a windows netbook. No trouble, but as left said you of course have to pick what apps, music, photos and video you want on each one. When you get an app for one, it will also be on the other one when you sync... Unless you unselect it....

OP
I

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I think what I'll do is synch all the apps on the new one and then delete what I don't want from the iPad. Since my husband will only use his iPad to read ebooks and play free cell, most likely, both ipads will really be mine!!! Hehehe

Last edited:

joshieca

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I sync 2 ipads and an iPhone to a windows netbook. No trouble, but as left said you of course have to pick what apps, music, photos and video you want on each one. When you get an app for one, it will also be on the other one when you sync... Unless you unselect it....

To me this is frustrating because there are somethings that I want on my iPhone and NOT on my iPad....anyway to automatically tell iTunes hey, I don’t want stuff downloaded on my iPhone to be put on my iPad?

left

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cellingpost.com

To me this is frustrating because there are somethings that I want on my iPhone and NOT on my iPad....anyway to automatically tell iTunes hey, I don’t want stuff downloaded on my iPhone to be put on my iPad?
Let me know if you figure it out. It is frustrating for me also. The only thing that does work is to use a different profile on your computer. That would require a logout/login, which is just as much as a hassle.

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah this is annoying. But I just unclick the stuff I dont like. I have my accounts set not to auto sync so I can decided what stuff goes on and off both.

Most reactions

Latest posts