What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synching iPad calendar to MobileMe?

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have literally spent all of today trying to synch my iPad calendar to MobileMe! Yes...I'm stubborn but obviously not gifted enough to figure it out! LOL!
My iPad calendar is synched with my Google calendar. I have set up my MobileMe account & my contacts are synching fine. Is this not working because my iPad calendar is associated with my Google account? I've Googled my problem and have tried everything I could find but still no luck.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bbmountain said:
I have literally spent all of today trying to synch my iPad calendar to MobileMe! Yes...I'm stubborn but obviously not gifted enough to figure it out! LOL!
My iPad calendar is synched with my Google calendar. I have set up my MobileMe account & my contacts are synching fine. Is this not working because my iPad calendar is associated with my Google account? I've Googled my problem and have tried everything I could find but still no luck.

Don't know if this helps but on mine in Settings>mail,contacts,calendars>account ......it should say MobileMe, click on that and make sure the toggle switch for calendar is set to on then click done.

The Archangel

OP
bbmountain

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes...I did those steps but still no synching of the calendar. Is your iPad calendar synched to Google calendars by any chance?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bbmountain said:
Yes...I did those steps but still no synching of the calendar. Is your iPad calendar synched to Google calendars by any chance?

I'm afraid not, I just use the standard mac calendar as it's enough for my purposes right now.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I sync both Google and MobileMe calendars with no problems.

A few questions, so that I can try and figure out what is going on.

Are you setting up the MobileMe calendar on me.com or syncing with something on your computer like iCal? Is the calendar showing up on the iPad at all, or it it just that the events don't show up?

You've probably done this, but go into your MobileMe account on the iPad and turn the calendar off, then turn it on again. Let it remove any events when you turn it off. This will only effect the MobileMe calendar, not your Google one. Make sure you have a good connection when you do so.

And of course, a restart is always a good idea, just on general principle.

OP
bbmountain

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet: I think it was a case of faulty expectations on my part! I have the iPad calendar synching with my Google calendar. I thought that with the calendar on my iPad that it would synch to (populate) the MobileMe calendar...not the case. I entered my calendar items manually into the MobileMe calendar yesterday and both are now showing up on my iPad. I also thought that adding an event on my iPad would synch it to both calendars but that's not the case either...I wish that when we add an event on the iPad that we could choose more than one calendar to add it to. As it is now the event must be entered and assigned (in my case) to the Google calendar and then it must be done again and added to the MobileMe calendar. (That's what I discovered...am I wrong on this?)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, you are right. The calendars are completely separate. This is usually more handy than not, so I'm curious why you need the events to show on both calendars?

If you need a universal calendar across multiple devices and OS's, Google's calendar will do it. I currently have my Google calendars synced on my Droid X Android phone, iCal on OS X, and my iPad. I'm reasonably certain they can be synced with Outlook as well.

It is possible to get the MobileMe calendars to show up on the Google Calendar web site, but not vice-versa. The calendars can also be made to show up on the iPad via the Google account, but they are read only. That makes the MobileMe calendars a poor choice, compared with the Google calendars, for universal use across non-Apple devices.

About the only thing you can't do is get Google calendars to show up on me.com. I wish you could. I like the me.com site interface better than the Google's.

Most reactions

Latest posts