What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two ipads - need different id

allezmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two ipads - both 32 GB. One is wi-fi, the other is 3G.
I would like to give them each a different name - but now that they are both activated I can't differentiate them. Any ideas"

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the 3G has the antenna space so visually you can tell, plug it in to you iTunes, click on the name and rename it...done.

Am I not understanding what you're asking?

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the op means he can't tell them apart when syncing in iTunes.

The solution would be to re-name one then you could tell them apart.

I may be misunderstanding the problem but i'm interested because I may soon have the same trouble.

OP
A

allezmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I want to do this because I want to share the apps between the two but use one for more music, and the other for more photos. I know that I can visually tell the difference. The logical solution is to, as you suggest, sync with iTunes - the problems is that there appears to be no way to change the name designation in the Summary screen of the iPad. Appreciate any ideas here.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, there is, just look at the column on the left, you'll see the ipad that is plugged in, double click on that or right click and you can rename it there. :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iagree.gif

Yes, just do a slow double-click on the name and it will allow you to edit the name of the device.

itunes32.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts