What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question about ipad2

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey everybody...have an Ipad2...on 4.3.5(8L1)

I want to have an untethered jailbreak...

How do i Load the ISPW for 5.0.1 (which I downloaded) so I can launch Absinthe? or does absinthe work with firmware 4.3.5 (8L1)

Thanks,

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hey everybody...have an Ipad2...on 4.3.5(8L1)

I want to have an untethered jailbreak...

How do i Load the ISPW for 5.0.1 (which I downloaded) so I can launch Absinthe? or does absinthe work with firmware 4.3.5 (8L1)

Thanks,

The very first question for you is ... Do you have SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1? There will be no point in going any further if you don't have them as without those blobs, you cannot install iOS 5.0.1 onto that iPad2.

With those blobs, there's a chance you can run a newly released program by redsn0w. It's not 100% that it'll work, but if you have blobs, it'll be worth the try. See this thread here for details: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=69625

Again, this process will be impossible without those blobs. So, let us know?

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand that you haven't jail broken it yet (as I know that iOS 4.3.5 on the ipad2 is not jail breakable).

It's just that jail breaking an iPad and saving blobs are two different processes and you don't have to be jail broken to save your blobs. To save them, download the program Tiny Umbrella and, with your iPad connected to the PC, run it. It will save all the blobs that are save able for that iPad.

See this thread for a good breakdown on SHSH blobs: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=59291

Since the two processes are different, we always recommend that people save their blobs whenever they can, even if there is no way to use them. Cause, you never know. I would recommend you download Tiny Umbrella and start saving those blobs today(!).

I'm not sure if the window is closed for iOS 5.1, but it's worth a shot to run it (today!) to see if you can get them. You can definitely get the blobs for iOS 5.1.1 today, as the newest version of Tiny Umbrella has just been released to get them. It's version number 5.11.00.

Unfortunately, again, without those blobs, there is no way you can jail break your iPad. There is no jail break for iOS 4.3.5 and the only other jail break for the iPad2 is on 5.0.1, to which you can't upgrade. So, hang in there - we keep hearing rumblings that a jailbreak for 5.1 is just around the corner. You'll have to wait and see what develops.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts