What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about I Tunes

GIacona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am kind of new to I-Tunes so I hope I can get a few questions asked.

I notice when i insert a music cd and I-tunes asks me if I want to import the CD to the library and I select yes all the music goes into my music library. From there I drag it into the playlist I want to put it in and sync with my I-pad.

When I add music from my computers say MP3 files. I normally click on file and choose either add folder or file to library. I notice I-tunes puts the music under recently added and not in the music library. From recently added I drag it to the playlist I want the music in and then sync it to my I-pad. Is there a reason that it puts it into recently added instead of in the main music library like it does with I import a music CD? Do I need to remove the music out of recently added? I am afarid it may have duplicated it. see there is an option to delete the recently added playlist, but I don't want to mess with things

My last and final question is I have some music in my music library that I deleted off my pc cause it's not my type of music. However it still stayed in the music library. I never moved these songs to a playlist or sync'd it with my Ipad. Can I just go into the music library and delete them? I notice they do not have check marks when I see them in my library as other music does.

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iTunes is a very confusing mess, isn't it? :)

Have a look at this article: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/moving-your-itunes-library-to-a-new-hard-drive/

Specifically, start with the paragraph "How iTunes Manages Media Content." The author goes into detail as to what iTunes is doing. This will answer your question. I believe it's a simple matter of changing your iTunes settings - but have a read through. it's one of the best articles I've seen that helps explain what iTunes does and is doing.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts