What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

home sharing and ipad3 music problem

Meenie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a couple of problems with getting my music on my ipad.
Problem 1: (This before I learned about "home sharing") I had a terrible time getting the music I had on my computer into iTunes.
I looked it up and all the directions said to move it to my iTunes library - I don't have a folder called "library" I have a folder called "media" and in side that a folder called "music"
I moved a few songs to the "music" file, but they didn't show up on my ipad.
Then I right clicked on each song and there was an option "open with iTunes" and when I did that, they showed up on my ipad.
But does that mean they are physically ON the ipad? I don't want to clog up the memory there, I wanted the music to stream from iCloud.

Then after a lot more hunting, I found a site that talked about "home sharing" and streaming music through iCloud via Home sharing.
I turned on "Home Sharing" but the instructions again wanted me to put things in "library" (don't have), and wanted me to open "Itunes Preferences" - won't open.

How do I make this streaming thing work? Can I do it without standing on my head? :)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have media files on your PC that are supported by iTunes, you can simply drag and drop them into your iTunes library on the left-hand sidebar of iTunes and stream it off of there. If you don't see a left-hand task bar (on iTunes 11), simply press CRTL+B then CRTL+S. You might have to tinkle with the Home Sharing settings as well in iTunes

Most reactions