What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protection

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious, is anyone going with no protection for their iPad such as a case or screen protector?

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not using a screen protector because I don't want to ruin the iPad feel/sensitivity (and I think the screen should do a good job at preventing scratches), but I do use the apple case. Even if you don't want it for protection, it makes the iPad easier to hold and can be folded for typing or landscape display. And unlike the Medge case I have on my Kindle DX, the apple case adds no weight or bulk to the iPad. The apple case should be the bare minimum of protection for all iPads.

eflyersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No screen protector. Have not used one on my iphone(s) and they still look very good. I did cut some thin foam strips and attach them (x2) to the back using double sided tape. I hated the way it sounded when I would slide it on a table.

wildcatbn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use zagg's shield on the back but nothing on the front. Pretty good products and very good company. I had it on my wifi unit and got a 3g they replaced it for me no issues.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to wait three weeks for my Zagg shield (shipping) and have already a very slight scratch on the screen. Today my Zagg arrived and was place immideately. It feels diffent, but I like it much better, than without.

And the fingerprint issue is no one anymore. I'm very happy with the Zagg screen and can recommend it!!

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use both but not for their intended purposes. The case because the ipad is slippery to handle and a no glare shield to squash reflections and glare.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
L

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to wait three weeks for my Zagg shield (shipping) and have already a very slight scratch on the screen. Today my Zagg arrived and was place immideately. It feels diffent, but I like it much better, than without.

And the fingerprint issue is no one anymore. I'm very happy with the Zagg screen and can recommend it!!

How did it get a scratch? The screen seems to be very scratch resistant.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No screen protector - but I don't think I'll put any kind of cover on it that doesn't protect the front. I'm careful when cleaning - use purified water every day (lightly) and then buff with a microfiber cloth. Currently using the Apple case - waiting on shipment of the Marware Eco case.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple case here too and no screen protector. Gotta love microfiber!!!

jaspertyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the apple case and I installed the powersupport antiglare screen protector yesterday. I keep reading posts about scratches that sort of freak me out. I miss the smooth feel of the glass and the screen is more like a matte finish now instead of glossy. It is actually growing on me and I like not seeing my reflection in the iPad. I also like that I can read under bright lighting without a ton of reflections. It does diminish the brightness a bit though.

IJon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the apple case but no screen protector. To keep the screen "clean" I use Innovera screen cleaning wipes. These are suppose to be safe for all CRT, LCD and plasma screens. They are non-alcohol, non-abrasive and anti-static. Has anyone else used these? Are the ok to use on the I-pad screen?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
i have a full Front/Back Ghost Armor on my ipad. I like how it makes the back shiny and ads grip for holding. The front is still smooth and I know it wont get scratched. The only thing i really have to worry about is dropping it and shattering the screen.

all the good cases at the local stores have been sold out. i'm looking to get the leather encase at bestbuy since I have a $20 credit.
Until they get back in stock I am using a cheap $9 Microsoft netbook case that has decent padding.

Most reactions

Latest posts