What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with websites

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with a website I'm going to. I try to log in, using safari, and it deletes what I've typed in once I click on login and I have to do it all over again. It just won't log in at all. However, when I use my iPhone 5, both iPad and iPhone 5 have the most updated software and safari's settings have not been changed, my iPhone logs in to the same site with zero problems. This is really creeping me out. Why would an iPad 3 on wifi have trouble signing in the site I desire to sign in to, but the iPhone 5 on the same wfi network has no trouble signing into the same site?can someone help me please?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with a website I'm going to. I try to log in, using safari, and it deletes what I've typed in once I click on login and I have to do it all over again. It just won't log in at all. However, when I use my iPhone 5, both iPad and iPhone 5 have the most updated software and safari's settings have not been changed, my iPhone logs in to the same site with zero problems. This is really creeping me out. Why would an iPad 3 on wifi have trouble signing in the site I desire to sign in to, but the iPhone 5 on the same wfi network has no trouble signing into the same site?can someone help me please?

Look at your iPad settings, though. Are there cookies accepted in Settings - Safari? In case they're not, change it to "From visited".

OP
dyrelogan

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have it set to accept cookies. On both devices.

OP
dyrelogan

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, that was my thought too, but even through doing that multiple times, even shutting the iPad down and turning it on again, doesn't help. It's absolutely strange to me.

OP
dyrelogan

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't tried other websites. But every other website I've gone to seems to be ok. Tis one does too, on my iPhone 5. On the iPad, it just doesn't work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I haven't tried other websites. But every other website I've gone to seems to be ok. Tis one does too, on my iPhone 5. On the iPad, it just doesn't work.

Check Settings > Safari and see if you have Private Browsing turned on, or you are not accepting Cookies. From Visited is the usual setting.

Another thing to check is AutoFill. If it's turned on try turing it off and see if that helps.

If those things seem ok, try Clear Cookies and Data. You'll have to log back into all the sites that normally remember you.

OP
dyrelogan

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the help. We have tried all that and still not having any resolution.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't think of anything else to try at the moment.

Well, you could try a third party browser on the iPad and see if that works. Chrome is free. Atomic is cheap. There are others.

OP
dyrelogan

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I tried that too as safari sometimes doesn't cut it on some sites. I tried Chrome with same results. And I'm not one to pay for a web browser. I feel that's a waste of money as it only does one thing: browse sites. I wish Firefox would come to Apple. It's about time we iOS users have a better browser. I like safari, but after they decided to stock it to windows users and no longer support their windows version of safari I kind of stayed with what I know and what is and remains consistent. Firefox.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe the problem is caused by the website, not your iPad or Safari.

OP
dyrelogan

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well then why is it working on my iPhone 5? Maybe the site is not optimized for the iPad but it is for the phone? Perhaps?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well then why is it working on my iPhone 5? Maybe the site is not optimized for the iPad but it is for the phone? Perhaps?

That's possible. Some sites do optimize for mobile phones when they are detected. A few of these also optimize for tablets, though not as many. It could be that the desktop site uses features not compatible with mobile browsers, but doesn't bother to detect and redirect tablets.

I know you said that all browsers do the same thing, but that is not entirely true. The Atomic Browser I mentioned has the ability to spoof it's browser type, fooling websites into thinking it is a desktop or mobile phone device instead of an iPad. It's the main reason I keep it.

iCab Mobile Browser can do this as well, and has quite a few other features (like the ability to upload documents to most sites), but it's also more expensive.

Puffin is a Flash enabled browser, for those times you just have to use a Flash site. With a virtual track pad and game controller it even works with those pesky online games, and websites that require mouse style point and clicking. It has a free 30 day trial version.

I use Safari almost all the time, but these three are my go to apps when Safari does not do the trick. Of course, there is no guarantee that any of this will help, but it's something to try if the site is important enough to warrant a few extra bucks.

Last edited:
OP
dyrelogan

dyrelogan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well thank you for your suggestions. I will keep them in mind. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts