What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot log in to FaceTime or iMessage

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just tried to use iMessage and was told to log in. I had to log in, which I found odd as I have always been connected. I used the correct email and password to log in, which I have always used, and after a couple of minutes delay I was told I was unable to connect and to check my network connections. I then tried FaceTime with the same result. Checking my Apple account, everything appears to be in order. Very strange. I am in the States at present but that should not make any difference as I have not met with this problem before when here.
On checking my Settings/Messages I find I had to put in my password and sign in. On doing so, again a wait of a minute or so only to be told that 'Coukd not sign in. Please check your network connection....
Any help will be much appreciated.
Mike

Last edited:
OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What can I say? Your advice and assistance has been great! Everything is now working as it should. Thank you so much, Johanna.
I have been having a bad day today. I was going to play golf this morning but the weather here in Florida was terrible with thunder and lightning so we postponed. We had arranged to watch the Wirld Cup match, Spain (my favourite team) playing Netherlands. What a disaster! We lost 5-1 :( then the problems with iMessage and FaceTime, double misery! Now, you have brought a ray if sunshine into an otherwise erstwhile bad, bad day.
Oh, by the way, it was all down to the time and date problem :)
With my very best wishes,
Mike

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw the match as well, and was horrified by the 1:5. Right now, I can imagine how you feel. The Netherlands have a a good soccer team, but I always thought Spain would win.

Maybe this is a good omen. In South Africa 2010, they lost their first match, and won the championship. :)

I supposed it would be date and time, that's why I mentioned it, although it's in the website link as well. I'm glad I could help you there. :)

Last edited:
OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the support in everything. A very optimistic view but all is not lost. Just sitting here in the sun playing on my iPad, catching up with the world (not Wirld as in my last post...sausage fingers again).
Take care and I know you will always be here to help :)

Most reactions

Latest posts