What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem after jailbreak

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all:

Running vers. 5.1.1. on my Ipad 1 I decided yesterday to jailbreak it with absinthe.

Now I can't open any application, dropbox,gmail, airvideo....nothing , only a little twinkle and that's all.

Shall I restore my device to remove jailbreak ??
any ideas ??

EDIT: I think I know what's wrong.For any reason the jailbreak has uninstalled almost all aplications I had.
Icons were still there but they were not installed anymore !!!!
Juts installing everything again.

Last edited:

johnodd4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say it time and time again the reason you got shafted is because you dont carefully read the instruction's.

Listen up.

1. The jailbreak doesn't work on 5.1 and on 5.1.1 it has some new dd protocals that block the sim card on the 4g and 3g models it also has some new commands that they don't quite understand yet that cause firmware corruption.

this is why you dont jailbreak read up on every forum before you jailbreak

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to say it time and time again the reason you got shafted is because you dont carefully read the instruction's.

Listen up.

1. The jailbreak doesn't work on 5.1 and on 5.1.1 it has some new dd protocals that block the sim card on the 4g and 3g models it also has some new commands that they don't quite understand yet that cause firmware corruption.

I do not know from where you are getting your information, but it is flat out wrong. There is a jail break for virtually any iDevice currently running iOS 5.1.1 and it works fine.

Please don't post without further checking on the facts. Thank you.

Marilyn

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was the only problem I had.
Everything is working fine as before after reinstallation of all appls.
Maybe I did something wrong during jailbkreak.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you maybe did a restore of the backup from iCloud but didn't allow the apps to reinstall yet? They still have to reinstall once the restore from backup is "complete" (in fact it is only part complete!)
Anyhoo, glad you found the problem and solved it yourself ;)

Also, if you don't mind, I'll move the thread to the correct section of the site, since it relates to a JB device...

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
next time it happens, delete a free app, and then install it again.

i think when you sync with your PC(sorry if i assume you have a PC), it will happen again. You should update your iTunes to the latest version.

OP
H

hilfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all information.

Everything is working fine now.

johnodd4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
actually i did check the facts and i have jailbroken several apple devices the reason i said to do the research is there are outdated information on several sites that have the older beta versions linked to it these versions caused the firmware corruption and the reason i know this is because i had to take my iphone in because of firmware corruption thanks to the beta versions of the jailbreak also my ipad as well i just warned becarefull and do a lot of reading before you install

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
actually i did check the facts and i have jailbroken several apple devices the reason i said to do the research is there are outdated information on several sites that have the older beta versions linked to it these versions caused the firmware corruption and the reason i know this is because i had to take my iphone in because of firmware corruption thanks to the beta versions of the jailbreak also my ipad as well i just warned becarefull and do a lot of reading before you install

Well, we welcome your contribution, but we pride ourselves on not giving misinformation to our members. Stating that there was not a 5.1 or 5.1.1 jailbreak is factually incorrect and very out of date. Our many stickies in the hacking section, which we work hard to keep as up to date as possible, would back that up. For example - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

Please don't judge the quality of jailbreaking information in our forum against the poor standard of the majority of other forums! If you want to know the facts.... read our stickies :)

quen10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnodd4 said:

Listen up.

Can someone please help me I got a bet with my boyfriend that I can jailbreak his iPad 2 can someone please tell me how can I get into his iPad he is always looking at my iPad I don't have mine on screen lock I try the fridge magnet didn't work

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone please help me I got a bet with my boyfriend that I can jailbreak his iPad 2 can someone please tell me how can I get into his iPad he is always looking at my iPad I don't have mine on screen lock I try the fridge magnet didn't work

You cannot bypass the passcode lock on an iPad2 or iPad3 device by hacking or jailbreaking as things stand. Furthermore, we certainly do not condone that type of hacking of other peoples devices (even if they are your boyfriend!) here at iPadForums.

Thanks for your understanding.

quen10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
You cannot bypass the passcode lock on an iPad2 or iPad3 device by hacking or jailbreaking as things stand. Furthermore, we certainly do not condone that type of hacking of other peoples devices (even if they are your boyfriend!) here at iPadForums.

Thanks for your understanding.

Oh no there is away I'm not going to stop looking to I find out how to do even if he wasn't my boyfriend, thanks for understanding

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no there is away I'm not going to stop looking to I find out how to do even if he wasn't my boyfriend, thanks for understanding

Well, you carry on trying, but it is not possible to bypass the passcode on ipad2 :)

Most reactions

Latest posts