What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to jailbreak ipad2 again? Pls help, thks much!

Strange_er

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my ipad2 from iOS 5.0 to iOS 5.1.1, use absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak it. However, I was new to jail breaking so follow the 'readme' file attached: backup before jailbreak, jailbreaking, restore after jailbreak. Later on only I find out restore means unjailbreak. I reset it n try to jailbreak again but an error msg said device already jail broken. I really wish to jailbreak it, any1 knows any methods tat I can jailbreak it again? Really thanks a lot!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I upgraded my ipad2 from iOS 5.0 to iOS 5.1.1, use absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak it. However, I was new to jail breaking so follow the 'readme' file attached: backup before jailbreak, jailbreaking, restore after jailbreak. Later on only I find out restore means unjailbreak. I reset it n try to jailbreak again but an error msg said device already jail broken. I really wish to jailbreak it, any1 knows any methods tat I can jailbreak it again? Really thanks a lot!!

You'll want to restore it back to a stock iOS 5.1.1. Do so by connecting it to iTunes and selecting the "Restore" button on the main Summary page. Once it's complete (restore as new, not from backup) and you have the stock ios 5.1.1 re-installed, then you can re-do the Absinthe jail break.

Then, once the jail break is done, the restore part of the directions means to put your backup back on - NOT to do the restore as in the paragraph above (as you now know :)). To restore from backup, with the iPad connected, right click on the iPad line and select "restore from backup." This will put your most recent backup onto the iPad so everything will be as when you first started. don't worry, this part will not remove the jail break. It's just to put the backup on.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts