What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem about Mail settings

Moray

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Location
France
Sometimes when I access my mail, either through me.com, or through wanadoo.fr, and also through iCloud, I get a message saying that there is something wrong with my settings and the system cannot handle either displaying mail on the screen, or sending it from my iPad. The message preview is displayed on the left side of the screen in landscape view, and when sending I can get as far as hitting the Send button.
In response to the instruction to review settings, I go to Settings and click on Mail. Then, without doing anything else at all, I click on DONE, whereupon the problem disappears, the incoming mail is displayed, and the outgoing mail is sent.

What is going on and should I do something about it?
 

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
21,974
Reaction score
8,902
Location
Milton-Freewater, OR
Could just be a glitch, could be a problem with specific emails. Keep an eye on it and see if you notice it popping up in conjunctions with specific emails senders.

If you have not done so, give these common fixes a try and see if they help.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

You can also try deleting and re-adding the accounts and see if that helps.
 
OP
Moray

Moray

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Location
France
twerppoet said:
Could just be a glitch, could be a problem with specific emails. Keep an eye on it and see if you notice it popping up in conjunctions with specific emails senders.

If you have not done so, give these common fixes a try and see if they help.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

You can also try deleting and re-adding the accounts and see if that helps.

I

I have tried your suggestions, but the "feature" still occurs. If I manage to fix i I will post my findings.
Thanks for your help
 
OP
Moray

Moray

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Location
France
Moray said:
I

I have tried your suggestions, but the "feature" still occurs. If I manage to fix i I will post my findings.
Thanks for your help

Hi! I have looked at the mail settings again, and I am still getting the problem. It seems always to say that it cannot find the me.com account, but as I said before, all I have to do is go to the Mail account page and hit "Done" without doing anything else and all is well. Also, although it says it can't find the account, it first sends my message using that account and THEN tells me it can't find it. My other accounts are wanadoo.fr and iCloud, and the default is "mobile.me". I wonder if it is to do with the discontinuing if mobile.me. If so, perhaps I should erase everything to do with the mobile.me and me.com and then start agin from zero. What do you think?

Neville
 

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
17,091
Reaction score
747
Location
Cranbrook, Kent, UK
Moray said:
Hi! I have looked at the mail settings again, and I am still getting the problem. It seems always to say that it cannot find the me.com account, but as I said before, all I have to do is go to the Mail account page and hit "Done" without doing anything else and all is well. Also, although it says it can't find the account, it first sends my message using that account and THEN tells me it can't find it. My other accounts are wanadoo.fr and iCloud, and the default is "mobile.me". I wonder if it is to do with the discontinuing if mobile.me. If so, perhaps I should erase everything to do with the mobile.me and me.com and then start agin from zero. What do you think?

Neville

My main email account is mac.com (me.com) and I haven't had any issues at all with it so I suspect the issue is somewhere else.

The Archangel
 
OP
Moray

Moray

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Location
France
Gabriel1 said:
My main email account is mac.com (me.com) and I haven't had any issues at all with it so I suspect the issue is somewhere else.

The Archangel

Thanks. Fortunately it is annoying but not incapacitating!

Nm
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top