What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing of pages

tom1252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am planning on buying an iPad at the end of next month for when i start University in October. I want to be able to write up a few notes during lectures.

How can i print them off after?

Thanks

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email them to yourself then open the email in Print Central

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Better still, use Simplenote and have your notes already on your computer when you get back.

Pete

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Also there are some services that allow you to setup your computer so anything you email to a special email address automatically prints at your home printer.

OP
T

tom1252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also there are some services that allow you to setup your computer so anything you email to a special email address automatically prints at your home printer.

Have you got any extra information on this???

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Have you got any extra information on this???

I can print directly from my iPad to my new wifi/email printer, an HP D110a. You can email your doc from Pages directly to the printer to print with no computer. Works great and only cost me $90 for the printer.

HappyWim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDF problem

I bought "PAGES" for my ipad and it works OK, but...... When I mail a file as a ".pdf"- file to my windows7 machine, I get a message from Adobe Reader Versie 9.
Unable to take out the imbedded TypeFace, so some text may be wrong on your screen/paper.(text was translated from the Dutch version...).
Did I do something wrong ?
Please help.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought "PAGES" for my ipad and it works OK, but...... When I mail a file as a ".pdf"- file to my windows7 machine, I get a message from Adobe Reader Versie 9.
Unable to take out the imbedded TypeFace, so some text may be wrong on your screen/paper.(text was translated from the Dutch version...).
Please help.

Hmm. I didn't send as a .PDF, but a .doc. I'm not sure what the problem with a .PDF would be, sorry.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
stormrage.bol.ucla.edu
Please help.

I guess it's because the PDF generator on iPad does not embed the fonts into the PDF file. So it depends on whether the PDF reader know this font or not. So those PDFs will definitely work on a mac or an iOS device, but on Windows the PDF reader might miss some fonts. One way is to open the PDF on a mac and print it to a PDF file again. Another way is to avoid those fancy fonts, and use common fonts like Times, Courier, Arial, etc.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts