What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to organize my Pages documents into folders?

JackBlaskovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time paying in this forum and I apologise if there is already a threat about this.
I recently started my Law Degree a University, and I use my IPad and the Pages app as a way of taking notes
I find this to be an efficient way of doing so, apart from the fact that I cannot organize my documents into folders. This makes finding a certain document on a certain lecture or tutorial difficult to locate as I have to scroll through all my documents. Is there a way I can create folders which organise my documents? For example one of my subjects is called "Contracts", I would like to place all my document containing notes for this subject into that folder making them easy to find and access. I have downloaded various apps which claim to do what I want, but don't allow me to import documents from pages, rendering them useless
If anybody could help me and tell me a way to organize my Pages documents it folders I would be very thankful :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Long press one document until all documents start to jiggle. You can then drag one on top of another to create folders.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Dougcat3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I greatly appreciate it.
Take care of one another

Hellsbells

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am just starting with pages on my iPad2 and followed the instructions to create a folder and it worked last week. Today I tried to combine 2 documents using the above method and they would not - just kept sliding apart. What am I doing wrong?

Most reactions