What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

printing from directly from Ipad to network printer

PSeidelmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my ipad and really have not yet turned it on. I want to be able to print from it. The people at the apple store sold me a printer. I really do not need more printers! :) Is there an app or some way to print from the ipad to my network printer without going through another computer on the network. There are usually no computers on and I would hate to turn one on just to print. Kind of defeats the purpose of the ipad. I looked at printcentral but I think it needs a computer. Fax print and share pro looks like it may work.

Has anyone done this? What are you using for it.

Thanks,

oldwolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are correct, it needs a powered-up pc. The only way I have found uo to now is to use a wifi printer such as Epson Workforce. Disappointing, but there you are.

BTW if you hear of a way to use a network printer, I would be pleased to hear about it.

Good luck with your iPad...love mine!

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts