What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

printing from directly from Ipad to network printer

PSeidelmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my ipad and really have not yet turned it on. I want to be able to print from it. The people at the apple store sold me a printer. I really do not need more printers! :) Is there an app or some way to print from the ipad to my network printer without going through another computer on the network. There are usually no computers on and I would hate to turn one on just to print. Kind of defeats the purpose of the ipad. I looked at printcentral but I think it needs a computer. Fax print and share pro looks like it may work.

Has anyone done this? What are you using for it.

Thanks,

Bruce S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Printing with iPad

Check out this link,
AirPrint - Apple iPad Forum ,it may help you.

I use a HP B210a wi/fi printer, very easy to print from iPad, it also works with my win7 laptop and my wife's MacBook. This link is Apple's recommended printers that are AirPrint capable,http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356 I found this link in the iPad users guide that is also in your iPad, safari app, book mark bar.

I think you made this post in the wrong forum, Should have been in the help forum. I know it takes time and lots of reading but most often there is a post that answers the problem you are having, also the search button helps.

Bruce

Last edited:

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had not try with the ipad but I use print magic from my ipod to print directly to my hp laserjet 4050 that is in my home network. When I configure I just put the ip address. They have a test program that you download to try if is going to work and they also have a HD version for the ipad.

justinjkemp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the store are also many third-party applications that boast giving you the ability to print. It allows you to print from your iPhone, iPhone or iPod Touch without the need for wires or cables and drivers. This technology works with printers from a range of HP OFFICEJET OFFICEJET Pro, PHOTOSMART, and Laser Pro series. AirPrint is a free software that comes with the Apple IOS 4.2.

Most reactions

Latest posts