What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price question (iPad 1)

Should I buy my aunt's iPad?

• Yep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skinned_knuckle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get some guidance in purchasing my first iPad...

-I used my Christmas bonus as a starting point for saving for a new iPad. I assumed that the new Ipad 3 would be released in the first half of 2012 and the 16 gb wifi version would be around $500.

-Earlier this week my aunt overheard my conversation about this and made an offer I'm having trouble resisting. She was given an Ipad 1, 64 gb, wifi-only from her work. She also got an Apple bluetooth keyboard and leather case. She took the ipad out of the box, played with it for an hour, and put it in her desk and never got around to taking the keyboard out of the box. Shortly thereafter she quit her job and took the iPad (and accessories) home, where they've been collecting dust ever since. She said that she had been thinking about selling them and wanted me to make an offer. I checked the balance of my savings account on my iPhone and told her I only had $350. She said that she'd take it. After cruising eBay I've found that this would be an incredible deal. But I have some reservations.

As someone who's been lusting after an iPad 2 and imagining what could be possible for the iPad 3; will I be dissapointed by the iPad 1 even if it is a good price?

Last edited:

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes its a good bargain ! But if u want an iPad 2 u can wait If u like but an ipad 2 costs more .

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say your aunt got the iPad from her work. Was it a gift or does it belong to the company and she was supposed to return it when she quit? If it still belongs to the company, I would feel wrong about taking it. If it was a gift to her and she wants to sell it, then it sounds like a good deal.

charm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMO you will regret not just waiting until the iPad 3 comes out then buying a reconditioned iPad 2 directly from apple web site with full warranty. I love my IPad 1 but if you check out these forums you will see that the 256 ram in all iPad 1 does not play well with OS5 nor the newest coolest apps since they were all designed to use the 512 ram of the ipad2 the online specs do not spell this out. I will be buying an ipad2 once iPad 3 comes out just like I got my iPad 1 at a truly great price by waiting until the 2 came out.

Short answer you will sorry plus IMO price is still too high

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just put that money you have saved up towards a ipad 2 or 3.. dont buy the ipad 1 even though its temping not enough memory

nijskarel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the price is ok, but depends what ya wanna do with it.
Maybe the higher versions are better.

You should look for a site were they compare.

greets

pcastricum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would go for it although I would want 3g capabilities which comes in handy especially when you cant find a free Wi-Fi site.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree--not worth getting since the iPad 2 is dropping in cost and the iPad 3 is just around the corner. You will always wonder the,"what if, I bought the iPad 2 instead...!"

Most reactions

Latest posts