What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help! My new boss wants me to research answers to questions about her Ipad!

clairegilbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
I have just begun my new job and my boss wants me to find some answers to her questions about her new Ipad 2.

1. She has bought a Stylus pen and has found that she can only use it on a pdf document and wants to know if / how to use to write in other docs/apps with it like when writing her notes in a meeting in the notepad app.

2. She wants to know which is better to use Good Reader or Quick Office? I researched both apps and they seem to be similar but not sure if need both apps or just one or what?

3. She has Drop Box App as she was told she could sync her computers G drive straight to her Ipad without having to drag the docs over manually each time through Itunes? Does this application do this or is there an app that will allow her to do this?

4. Once she has written her notes on notepad can she save them directly into the folder with the relevant meeting notes or must she email them to be then placed into the folder?

Much appreciate your help. I dont even have an Iphone let alone an Ipad! :)

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
clairegilbert said:
Hi there,
I have just begun my new job and my boss wants me to find some answers to her questions about her new Ipad 2.

1. She has bought a Stylus pen and has found that she can only use it on a pdf document and wants to know if / how to use to write in other docs/apps with it like when writing her notes in a meeting in the notepad app.

2. She wants to know which is better to use Good Reader or Quick Office? I researched both apps and they seem to be similar but not sure if need both apps or just one or what?

3. She has Drop Box App as she was told she could sync her computers G drive straight to her Ipad without having to drag the docs over manually each time through Itunes? Does this application do this or is there an app that will allow her to do this?

4. Once she has written her notes on notepad can she save them directly into the folder with the relevant meeting notes or must she email them to be then placed into the folder?

I'll try and help a little.

1. Only certain apps support handwriting. The notepad app the iPad comes with doesn't. Has she bought another note taking app of some kind?

2. I don't have either, but use Notetaker HD which is a good all-rounder, which allows you to write or type notes on PDFs, and create handwritten or text written notes.

3. I don't use Dropbox either. I email myself any PDFs I want in my Notetaker HD app. If I am at a meeting, I make a folder for that meeting, and put any PDFs and notes I make in there.

4. Each app stores it's own files so there is no single folder, unless you mean a folder on her computer. For what I think she is wanting to use her iPad for, one of the note taking apps is what she needs, and it would be better for her to keep all her meeting notes within that app. It would be sensible to back these notes up in some way. The easiest way for me is by emailing myself the notes which I then save on my computer, as i find this less hassle than doing it via iTunes. Now the iCloud is up and running, documents in Numbers, Pages and Keynote, are automatically saved to the cloud, but these apps don't support handwriting.

You may get lots of other replies that give you other ways to do things I'm not familiar with, but these methods work for me.

I think your boss should buy you an iPad so you can really get up to speed with it. Tell her you'll be able to help her so much more, if you have your own one to play with!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

With regard to your questions, take a look at these threads and see if you can't find some answers there as well as some additional info that will dazzle your boss! I'm sure others will chime in as well.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-business-education/22431-hi-all.html#post157114

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html#post256794

Hope that helps.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Coralee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there
I use Dropbox all the time on both pc & ipad2. It allows access to documents on iPad but I haven't found out how to edit the live version. Very useful for me though to be able to access info while away from the office.

Most reactions

Latest posts