What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Up Problems

jrd042

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

New user here. Anyone else having problems powering up their unit after it's been shut down? Mine does power up but often I get the round circle going for a while then it's shuts down. On a second try I get the Apple logo and it goes on properly from there. Using a new 32GB with 3G.

Any help would be appreciated.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take this for what it's worth, but my iPad powered up fine until I turned the brightness level down to minimum in settings. After that it took forever to display the apple logo and start up. when I restored brightness to about 25% had no further difficulty. Not sure this applies to you but maybe worth a thought.

jsisti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

New user here. Anyone else having problems powering up their unit after it's been shut down? Mine does power up but often I get the round circle going for a while then it's shuts down. On a second try I get the Apple logo and it goes on properly from there. Using a new 32GB with 3G.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you reached any resolution for this problem? Mine does the same thing but very intermittently - perhaps once every two or three weeks. I have a feeling that this issue is caused by a misbehaving app but I have no hard evidence.

OP
J

jrd042

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has been very random so I've just decided to live with it. Other than that I still love it, no other problems since purchase.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has been very random so I've just decided to live with it. Other than that I still love it, no other problems since purchase.
If you bought it brand new from Apple (store or web site) or BestBuy, there is no reason for you to just "live with it". Its not supposed to work that way. Mine doesn't do that and yours shouldn't either. You paid $729.00 (I assume) and there should be no problems. Take it back to where you bought it and exchange it.

Most reactions

Latest posts