What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long should it take to power down?

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I power off my ipad2 each night, as I find leaving it in sleep mode it still uses up battery power. However, when I switch it off it can take up to 25 seconds for the while rotating circle to stop, and therefore off. Should it take as long as this? I am on ios5, and before upgrading to that, it could take up to 20 secs to power down. I have tried a reset and for maybe once or twice it would power down in a few seconds, then reverts to the longer time. I close all open apps before powering down.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the iPad powers down, it does a whole load of 'housekeeping', so the time it takes can depend on a number of factors - such as how much 'cleaning up' there is to do - which, in part, might reflect the time since you last powered down. But the time you mention seems about right to me and is almost exactly how long it takes my iPad to power down.

Tim

OP
Grinchy

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
When the iPad powers down, it does a whole load of 'housekeeping', so the time it takes can depend on a number of factors - such as how much 'cleaning up' there is to do - which, in part, might reflect the time since you last powered down. But the time you mention seems about right to me and is almost exactly how long it takes my iPad to power down.

Tim

Thanks Tim, now I know yours takes about the same length of time I will stop worrying!
I do appreciate the time you take to help us all.
Kind regards

Most reactions

Latest posts