What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 locked up

basketannie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 is locked up and I can't shut it off or unlock the screen. It has 90% battery. I was using the camera when it locked up and blacked the screen. If I plug and unplug the power cord, the iPad will wake up but it will not unlock and after a few seconds it goes black again. Holding down the power button does nothing. I've tried holding down the power button and menu button at the same time, but that doesn't work either. Help!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You say you've tried holding down the Power and the Home buttons but I wondered if you'd held them down for long enough? To get the iPad to reboot you really do have to hold them down, together, for a very long time - 20 seconds or more, sometimes, it seems - and, eventually, the white Apple logo will appear and the iPad will reboot.

Give it another try and let us know how you get on..if that doesn't work we'll try some other suggestions.

Tim

OP
B

basketannie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I didn't hold the two keys down long enough. When I tried again, thankfully the apple appeared and my iPad is back to normal. Thanks for your quick response.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great news - it's a heart stopping experience - it's happened to me too and you think - "It's never going to work - oh, no" and then the flood of relief when the Apple logo appears.

Have fun and enjoy the weekend.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts